Give Local York is the largest one-day Give in York County history. Coming May 4, 2018, presented by the York Federal Fellows Alumni. The Extraordinary Give is Lancaster County’s Largest Day of Giving. For the past five years, in just 120 hours of giving, the Extraordinary Give (Lancaster, PA) has raised $22.5 million for more than 500 organizations! Now, it’s York’s turn, and LifePath is honored to be a participant – with a $50,000 one day goal!
When: May 4, 2018
On May 4, 2018, it’s York’s turn. For the first time ever, on May 4, 2018, our community will be transformed into a community-wide celebration of generosity that benefits hundreds of nonprofit organizations serving York County.
How does it work?
On May 4, 2018, visit GiveLocalYork.org from any computer, smartphone, or device. Donate to any of the hundreds of local organizations and each donation will be stretched by a pool of funds raised from our Give Local York sponsors.
Plus, there will also be prizes that any individual can win for the organization of their choice! Give Local York is spearheaded by the York Federal Fellows Alumni, a nonprofit community leadership program comprised of leaders of dozens of York County nonprofit organizations.
All York Federal Fellows Alumni have participated in the York Federal Fellows Scholarship program supported by the York Federal Foundation Fund of the York County Community Foundation.
Interested in helping?
We need about 100 volunteers to pull our day of celebrations together. You can sign up here: http://signup.com/go/VjHEHVd.
Schedule of events
* 5 am: Yoga at Penn Market with Jason Konopinski of House of Yoga
* 8 – 9 am: Continental Breakfast with Mayor Michael Helfrich – Penn Market (RSVP Required)
* 9 – 9:30 am: Prayer Service – Penn Market
* 9:30 am – 2:30 pm: ZWild Vegans will donate $1 from every Transformation Smoothie sold at Penn Market
* 9:45 – 10:15 am: Kevin Jackson/Motivational Speaker – Penn Market
* 11 am – Noon: Lt. Godfrey & Dargo to stop by – Penn Market
* 11 am – 1 pm: Mel Conrad Caricatures at the Give Local York Taco Bar in front of McCallister & Myers Real Estate Office at 1 W. Market St.
* 11 am – 3 pm: Iron Horse hosting a Taco Bar with proceeds to benefit LifePath
* 11 am – 5 pm: DJ Chris Wagman at Penn Market
* 11 am – 6 pm: Celebrity Dunk Tank – Penn Market (Sponsored by Heritage Valley Federal Credit Union)
* Noon – 2 pm: Tour of the Women’s Shelter, Tea & Cookies (17 Jefferson Ave)
* 2 – 5 pm: Car wash at St. Matthew’s, 839 W Market St.
* 5 – 6 pm: Performance by Peter Bottros – Penn Market
* 5 – 8 pm: LifePath Icecream Shop – Free Transformation Sundaes – While supplies last
* 6 – 8 pm: Kids Movie – Penn Market
* 6 – 8 pm: Transformation Make Overs & Chair Massages sponsored by Brenda Wilbur – Mary Kay Consultant (Penn Market)
* 7:30 – 8:30 pm: York Avengers (Penn Market)
The following activities are in partnership with the Lehman Center and will take place at Penn Market:
* 1 pm: Lunchtime Yoga Session with Emily Alvarez and Courtney Weik
* 2 pm: Children’s Storytime session with Courtney Weik
* 3 pm: Art Therapy Session with Laura and Britt
* 4 pm: Tour of the Lehman Center Crisis Nursery
All three of our economy stores are holding a store-wide 50% off sale but excludes 99 cent items and items marked NFD. The York store will have extended hours and be open until 8 pm.
York Economy Store – 283 W. Market Street – York
Dallastown Economy Store – 33 E. Maple Street – Dallastown
Dover Economy Store – 67 N. Main Street – Dover
Visit www.givelocalyork.org for more details! Share the love – mark your attendance on our Facebook Event, and invite some friends!