We are blessed by our volunteers, and, frankly, we couldn’t get the work done without them. With around 5,000 volunteers logging more than 30,000 hours a year, they’re indispensable!
CEOs, teachers, homemakers, retired persons, and teenagers all have a place at LifePath. So do groups — churches, schools, businesses, civic organizations, and more.
Here are just a few activities where volunteers are always needed:
- supply and/or prepare a meal at our women & children’s shelter
- join our outreach team and help with various activities
- commit to praying for LifePath and our guests
- sponsor a “game night” or “craft night” at the women & children’s shelter
- collect old cell phones and inkjet cartridges to recycle
- organize a paper drive (paper towels, tissues, toilet paper, etc.)
- organize a personal care products drive (toothbrushes, soap, razors, etc.)
- use your talents to bake, cook, crochet, sew, paint, fix a leak, and more
- research and write grants
- mentor or teach a class for our guests
Volunteer Application – For individual volunteers (for long-term positions)
Groups: Contact Leah Wiley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-845-7662 x1103.
Volunteer Background Clearance Form (A copy of Background Clearances must be provided by any individual(s) wishing to work with children under the age of eighteen. Pennsylvania clearances are valid for 60 months (5 years). An FBI Clearance must be obtained for any individual who has resided in Pennsylvania for less than ten years, pursuant to ACT 153 of 2014.
Court-Ordered Community Service Opportunities: All community service opportunities can be found at go.iamlifepath.org.
Please follow the steps below:
Go to go.iamlifepath.org
1) Click “Create Account”
2) Choose your username and password.
3) Click “Next” for Join code.
4) Select “I need court-ordered community service hours” during the application process.
5) Finish the application, read and accept the guidelines, and click submit.
6) Sign up for a shift in one of our three thrift stores. The addresses are below:
67 N. Main Street
Dover PA 17315
33 E. Maple St
Dallastown, PA 17313
-Downtown York Store
283 W. Market St.
York, PA. 17401
IMPORTANT: You must cancel a shift if you are not able to attend. You can only do this by logging into your profile.
IMPORTANT: You must Check-In AND Check-out of your shift for hours to be awarded. You can print any hours awarded off of the online portal.
IMPORTANT: The responsibility of getting the record of hours falls on the Community Service individual, and they can print that off online.
If you have any questions about volunteering with us, please contact Leah Wiley at 717.845.7662 x1103 or email@example.com.