LifePath Christian Ministries exists to help the homeless and at-risk community in York County and the surrounding area. We are a team of compassionate Christians called to love, honor, and serve the people who come to us for help.
If you think God is leading you to serve with us, please prayerfully consider our current employment opportunities. To apply, fill out the Employment Application and submit it, along with your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LifePath Christian Ministries has one open Guest Relations position available in our in our men’s ministry. This is a 3rd shift position.
This position calls for a person that is living a Christ centered lifestyle and is capable of seeing this as a call to action versus a typical job. We serve the community with love and respect and this position requires a great deal of patience and persistence. We seek a mature Christian, committed to and passionate about sharing the life-changing gospel and building disciples of Jesus Christ with the broken, needy, homeless, addicted, and mentally ill.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Model servant leadership
- Perform administrative tasks, maintain accurate records and manage relevant data timely and accurately
- Conduct relevant assessments of Shelter guests
- Establish effective relationships of trust with residents
- Understand, articulate, and model a perspective that balances the Biblical concepts of grace and justice
- Oversee shelter security, nighttime access and client check-ins
- Administer testing as needed to address substance abuse issues
- Tour the facility frequently to ensure security, safety, and cleanliness
- Facilitate emergency intakes (if brought in by law enforcement) with accuracy
- Supervise the administration of over-the-counter medication
- Report any facility or maintenance issues promptly
- Clean and maintain front lobby area of the facility
- Attend team meetings as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Able and willing to model Christ-likeness in conduct and conversation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize duties with limited supervision
- Able to set healthy boundaries with guests
- Able to maintain and promote a teamwork relationship with team members
- Able to work with minimal on-site supervision
- Able to manage a crisis effectively
- Able to conduct conflict resolution and peacemaking between guests
- Good discernment with regard to people and situations; exercise patience, wisdom, and accountability within an environment of grace.
- Must be trustworthy, conscientious, and accountable
- Willingness to be flexible with work schedule
- Computer literate, proficient in Microsoft Office software, internet and email
Job Type: Full-time
Comprehensive benefits package includes health insurance, paid vacation and holidays, dental, life insurance, and 401(k) plan.