LifePath Christian Ministries exists to help the homeless and at-risk community in York County and the surrounding area. We are a team of compassionate Christians called to love, honor, and serve the people who come to us for help.
If you think God is leading you to serve with us, please prayerfully consider our current employment opportunities. To apply, fill out the Employment Application and submit it, along with your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food Services Support
LifePath Christian Ministries serves over 165,000 meals annually to the men’s program, the women’s and children program and to the community we serve.
Oversight of men and women who are participating in our life recovery program is essential to the operations of our facilities. The qualified candidate must be able to manage individuals who are attempting to reestablish themselves back into the community.
This position calls for a person that is living a Christ centered lifestyle and is capable of seeing this as a call to action versus a typical job. We serve the community with love and respect and this position requires a great deal of patience and persistence.
Flexible schedule required. Periodic weekends, evenings, and special events’ oversight will be required.
ServSafe Certification a plus.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities Include:
- Ability to create meals from resources on hand
- Willingness to learn all aspects of the ministry and especially to Food Service Operations
- Food preparation
- Ability to inspect donated food and store in proper location
- Quality control of food stored in the food pantry
- Maintain clean and sanitary workstation
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist
- Ability to multi-task, be adaptable and flexible with daily routines
- Ability to establish working relationships with guests and other staff
Job Type: Full-time
Two Positions! One Full-time and one Part-time. Both are 3rd shift positions.
These positions call for persons living a Christ centered lifestyle, capable of seeing this as a call to action versus a typical job. We serve the community with love and respect and there is a need for a great deal of patience and persistence. We seek mature Christians, committed to and passionate about sharing the life-changing gospel and building disciples of Jesus Christ with the broken, needy, homeless, addicted, and mentally ill.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Model servant leadership
- Perform administrative tasks, maintain accurate records and manage relevant data timely and accurately
- Conduct relevant assessments of Shelter guests
- Establish effective relationships of trust with residents
- Understand, articulate, and model a perspective that balances the Biblical concepts of grace and justice
- Oversee shelter security, nighttime access and client check-ins
- Administer testing as needed to address substance abuse issues
- Tour the facility frequently to ensure security, safety, and cleanliness
- Facilitate Emergency Intakes (if brought in by law enforcement) with accuracy
- Supervise the administration of over-the-counter medication
- Report any facility or maintenance issues promptly
- Clean and maintain front lobby area of the facility
- Attend team meetings as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Able and willing to model Christ-likeness in conduct and conversation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize duties with limited supervision
- Able to set healthy boundaries with guests
- Able to maintain and promote a teamwork relationship with team members
- Able to work with minimal on-site supervision
- Able to manage a crisis effectively
- Able to conduct conflict resolution and peacemaking between guests
- Good discernment with regard to people and situations; exercise patience, wisdom, and accountability within an environment of grace.
- Must be trustworthy, conscientious, and accountable
- Willingness to be flexible with work schedule
- Computer literate, proficient in Microsoft Office software, internet and email
Job Type: Part-time, Full-time